Homemade turkey potpie is a perfect way to show your family you love them. No, I’m serious, it’s a simple and delicious recipe that is full of good stuff. Vegetables are in there, lots of ’em. They are all nestled inside a double blanket of a flaky pie crust with chunks of turkey and a light gravy.
You can easily make this potpie recipe and freeze it prior to baking. Just remove from freezer about two hours prior baking. Nothing like a delicious, homemade turkey potpie on busy evenings.
Here’s how I make it.
Rough chop your carrots and celery.
Melt butter in medium stockpot.
Throw in your celery.
And then your carrots, onions, and garlic.
Let it cook a while until fork tender.
One cup of white wine. If you’d prefer not to use wine, you can substitute with chicken stock.
Stir in sweet peas and simmer.
Meanwhile, place your bottom crust in your pie plate.
Pour turkey and vegetable mixture into pie crust.
Top potpie with top crust.
Brush top crust with lightly beaten egg.
Bake until lightly browned.
Here’s my Turkey Potpie recipe. I hope you love it!
- Melt butter in medium stockpot.
- Cook carrots, celery, onion and garlic until tender.
- Add sweet peas, wine or stock, pepper, and onion. Simmer.
- Mix in chopped turkey.
- Pour all into pie crust.
- Top with second pie crust.
- Brush top crust with lightly beaten eggs.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until lightly browned, approximately 30 minutes.