Buffalo Chicken Dip tastes just like the buffalo chicken we all love. This creamy buffalo chicken dip comes together easily and is always a winner! Now, updated to include traditional buffalo chicken dip as well as how to prepare in the slow cooker!
My husband loves buffalo chicken wings like you wouldn’t believe. However, I have to admit that they are not my favorite thing in the world. I just can’t enjoy myself and eat them. Even though the flavors are out of this world delicious!
I just don’t like getting all of the stickiness on my fingers as I’m eating them. I constantly feel like I need to get up and wash my hands and then wonder how much of that stuff is all over my face or stuck in my teeth. I get paranoid about messy foods, I guess. One thing that I do make for him that we both can enjoy is this Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Sakes alive is it good!!!
All the flavor and deliciousness of buffalo chicken wings, but without all the mess.
Everything guys love to taste, but perfect for girls who detest having sauce all over their fingers.
It really is the best of both worlds!
You really should make it soon.
It will be the hit of your party, get-together, or snack-fest, I promise!
If you are serving a large group, you may want to have enough ingredients on hand to make two of these.
It goes fast!
It’s delicious served with celery sticks, fritos, pita chips, or even tortilla chips!
And when you eat it with celery sticks, you don’t feel nearly as guilty!
Here’s how I make my Buffalo Chicken Dip. I hope you love it as much as we all do!
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken OR 1 (10-ounce) can chunk chicken
- 1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup bleu cheese dressing
- ¾ cup homemade buffalo sauce recipe (or bottled)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + ½ cup for topping
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- bleu cheese crumbles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together all ingredients except last ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and bleu cheese crumbles and pour into a medium baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top of dip.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with bleu cheese crumbles, if using.
- Serve with celery sticks, fritos, pita chips, or tortilla chips.
- Lightly spray the insert to the slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Mix together all ingredients except last ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles and pour into the insert of the slow cooker. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bleu cheese crumbles. Place lid on the slow cooker and turn on to the low or warm setting for up to 4 hours.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives, originally published 2011.