This lasagna recipe is a family favorite full of simple, delicious ingredients. Get this easy lasagna recipe you are sure to love.
Continuing on with the whole comfort food theme I’ve had going on around here lately, I just had to share my favorite lasagna recipe.
Lasagna is definitely comforting on a cold winter’s night. Well, anytime really.
It makes a great make-ahead meal you can pull out of your freezer, thaw, and bake for a delicious homemade meal anytime. So while you are making your lasagna, try doubling the recipe and making one for tonight’s dinner and one for another night.
Note that I do not boil my dried lasagna noodles. You are welcome to do so if you prefer, but my lasagna comes with the perfect bite that I love. It makes for such a simple assembly.
Here is how I make my lasagna recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (16-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 carton (15-ounce) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (16-ounce) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ pound dried lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cook ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Drain and then add garlic, basil, oregano and diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Simmer until sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Lightly beat eggs and combine with ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a large bowl.
- Ladle about ⅓ of sauce into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place half of the dried noodles over the sauce, then spread ⅓ of the ricotta mixture over noodles, sprinkle with mozzarella, and sauce.
- Repeat layering and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
For more lasagna recipes, you might like:
Lasagna Recipe from Simply Recipes
Italian Sausage Lasagna Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Lasagne alla Bolognese from Bell’alimento