Homemade Egg McMuffin Recipe
Homemade Egg McMuffin Recipe – Turn the fast-food favorite into an easy homemade recipe everyone will love! Made with buttery English muffins, Canadian bacon, eggs, and cheese!
Skip the drive through and make this delicious grab and go breakfast sandwich at home! I decided to make this favorite fast food restaurant breakfast sandwich at home and to make enough of them to store in the freezer to reheat for quick, easy breakfasts!
Homemade Egg McMuffin Breakfast Sandwich
I love knowing that I have my freezer stocked with items that I can quickly reheat for my family and this easy recipe is perfect for busy mornings for school, work, and even for an afternoon snack!
How to Make Homemade Egg McMuffins
Cook Canadian Bacon. Arrange Canadian Bacon on a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Bake in 400º oven for 15 minutes.
Bake eggs. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add a fresh egg in each cup of the muffin pan and set aside. Bake the last 10 minutes of baking time for the bacon.
Toast English Muffins. Split English muffins in half, spread with butter and place onto a baking sheet. Add to the bottom rack of the oven the last 10 minutes of baking time for the bacon.
Assemble your Egg McMuffin by placing a piece of cheese on a warm half of English muffin. Remove a baked egg from the muffin pan and place on top of the cheese.
Add slice of Canadian Bacon and then top with other half of English muffin.
They are ready to serve immediately or allow to cool for a few moments and wrap individually to store in the refrigerator for reheating within the next day or so or to store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer.
My recipe is for six breakfast sandwiches, but as you can see from my photos, I like to make these in bulk! You can easily increase or decrease the recipe to meet your needs!
Other Favorite Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches, etc
Here’s my Homemade Egg McMuffin Recipe. I hope you love them!
Homemade Egg McMuffin Recipe
- 6 English Muffins cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 6 large eggs
- 6 slices Canadian Bacon
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Arrange Canadian Bacon on a wire rack which has been placed on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Break an egg into each of the cups of the muffin pan. Add to the oven the last 10 minutes of cooking time for the bacon. Cook until the yolk has set, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, split English muffins in half, spread with butter, and arrange on a baking sheet. Add to the bottom rack of the oven the last 10 minutes of cooking time for the bacon.
- Remove all from the oven and assemble the Egg McMuffins. Add a slice of cheese to a warm slice of English muffin. Top with an egg followed by a slice of Canadian bacon. Add the other half of the English muffin to the top of the McMuffin and serve warm.
Make-Ahead Egg McMuffinAllow the assembled Egg McMuffins to cool then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for serving.
Freezer Friendly Egg McMuffinsWrap each cooled Egg McMuffin individually with freezer-safe plastic or foil. Then store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave for serving.