My husband loves chicken salad. I mean looooovvveeeessss chicken salad. From the poppy seed chicken salad that makes a regular appearance to a grilled chicken salad, he loves it all. And since I llllooooovvvveeee him, I make it for him as much as possible.
But one of his favorite versions involves fruit and tons of chicken. I’m always playing around with different versions of a chicken salad with fruit for him and realized that you might like this recipe, too.
Full of tender chicken, fresh sliced red grapes, celery, roasted pecans, and dried cherries, I’m not sure what wouldn’t be right with this recipe.
If the fact that there was none left over was any indication, my sweet husband didn’t think there was anything wrong with it either.
This makes a great salad for lunch, a light supper, and takes hardly any time to mix all together.
Here’s my recipe for Chicken Salad with Grapes that I think you’ll love.
- 1 pound boiled chicken, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup roasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- celery leaves, chopped (optional)
- Add chopped chicken to a large bowl along with celery, grapes, dried cherries, chopped pecans, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. If using chopped celery leaves, add these as well. Stir together until just combined.