This salsa recipe is easy to make in minutes! No cooking required for this fresh, delicious restaurant style salsa recipe that you can adjust the heat to your preference!
This salsa recipe has totally spoiled me. You see, I’m one of those people that you have to watch closely when you go to the local Mexican restaurant with me because I’ll eat more than my fair share of the chips and salsa. The chips are great and all, but really, they just serve as a vehicle to get the salsa into my mouth as quickly as possible.
So, making this restaurant style salsa recipe at home allows me to keep friends and family in my good graces! Since it makes a fairly large amount of salsa in just a few minutes with ingredients that I normally have on hand, I can whip it up in a minute’s notice.
It couldn’t be any easier to make either. I just roughly chop the onions, garlic, and peppers, toss into my blender or food processor, give it a whirl and voila, salsa! Super simple and oh so delicious!
While you can eat it immediately, the flavors tend to meld together if you allow it to sit for about 15 minutes. For that reason alone, I recommend making it a little bit before you plan to serve it because seriously, who can wait to eat salsa?! I sure can’t!
You can adjust the spicyness and heat of your salsa with the peppers. I suggest beginning with one jalapeno pepper that has been deseeded and the membranes removed and giving it a taste. Then, adjust from there. The one pepper, depending on how hot that pepper is, will make a mild salsa. For more heat, add another pepper or leave in the seeds for even more. The seeds are where the real heat is in the pepper! For my family, I generally use two jalapeno peppers and only a few seeds, but you’ll want to adjust to your own preference.
Here’s my oh so easy restaurant style salsa recipe. Make it soon! You’ll love it!
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ large white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1-3 jalapeno peppers, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the container of a food processor or blender. Pulse until well-combined and it reaches the consistency you prefer. Allow flavors to combine by letting the salsa rest about 15 minutes before serving. Store any remaining in an airtight container in the refrigerator.