Apple Pear Salad Recipe – This Apple Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette makes a delicious salad anytime of year, but especially throughout the holidays.
This Apple Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette is one of my very favorites to enjoy every fall! It’s also perfect to serve as a side for Thanksgiving or for entertaining too. The flavors, textures and beautiful colors make it extra special – so it’s easy to see why it’s such a favorite!
As I started developing this recipe, it didn’t take long for it to morph into this amazing salad that I’m proud to serve when I have guests or for holiday dinners. The juicy apples and pears are highlighted with my crunchy roasted pecans, creamy blue cheese crumbles, and pomegranate seeds all set atop crisp salad greens.
It’s a perfect starter for Thanksgiving dinner, where it adds so much color and amazing flavor to the meal. I find it pairs equally as well with a Skillet Rib eye Steak for family supper on the weekends too. I love it so much I find myself serving it often during the fall and winter season. Once you try it, you’ll understand why it’s such a special favorite!
Apple Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is perfect anytime of year, but really, really shines during the holidays.
It’s so gorgeous for Thanksgiving and Christmas! All that beautiful color to brighten up the buffet makes this salad really stand out! And the flavors of this extra special salad go well with Thanksgiving turkey or the Prime Rib I love to serve at Christmas.
It’s especially delicious the day after Thanksgiving with leftover Roast Turkey or Turkey Breast sliced on top or on the side. I even like to eat it for lunch on it’s own anytime, but especially after big holiday meals the day before!
Regardless of when it’s served, I’m in love with it.
Here’s the recipe for my Apple Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Apple Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 apples
- 3 pears
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup roasted pecans or walnuts
- bleu cheese crumbles I use Maytag
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a large measuring cup, combine Pomegranate juice, honey, vinegar, and mustard. Whisk together until well-combined. Continue to whisk as you add in olive oil to emulsify. Pour dressing into serving container and set aside.
Apple Pear Salad
- In a medium bowl, pour about 1/2 cup of Pomegranate Vinaigrette. Core and thinly slice apples and pears, adding to the bowl and tossing in the vinaigrette.
- In another large serving bowl, combine salad greens, roasted pecans, bleu cheese crumbles and pomegranate seeds. Using a slotted spoon, remove fruit from dressing and add into the salad bowl.
- Serve with dressing Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing.