This Chicken Chili with Cornbread Topping is one of those comforting recipes sure to warm you up.
Chicken Chili with Cornbread Topping Recipe
- For the Chicken Chili
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- For the Cornbread Topping
- Spray cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in slow cooker with chicken stock. Cook on Low setting for 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove chicken. Shred with 2 forks and return to slow cooker.
- Add garlic and onion, beans, green chiles, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, black powder, and chopped fresh oregano.
- Spread cornbread mixture over top of chili.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 6 - 8 hours.