This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The BEST Spinach Artichoke Dip is quick and easy to make! With just six ingredients, this is a party favorite! Cook in the oven or make slow cooker spinach artichoke dip for even easier entertaining!
One of my favorite dips has always been this baked hot Spinach Artichoke Dip my Mama made. Throughout the years, I’ve tried so many other versions but always returned to this one. In my mind, it is simply the best spinach artichoke dip recipe around! You can bake it in the oven to serve within 30 minutes or cook and serve it in the slow cooker to keep it warm and delicious throughout your next party!
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
This amazing dip has always been a family favorite when we get together, as well as a well-loved appetizer for parties too! It’s always requested and one of the first appetizers devoured.
Why I Love This Recipe
Amazing Flavor. The flavors of spinach, artichokes, and parmesan mingle perfectly in this delicious dip recipe.
Quick and Easy. Six ingredients. Stir together and bake or cook in the slow cooker. That’s it! So easy!
Make Ahead Friendly. I love that I can prep this recipe and store it in the refrigerator to bake it right before serving or transfer to slow cooker to cook and stay warm throughout the party. It makes entertaining even easier!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients
You’ll need these six ingredients to make this dip recipe:
- Artichoke Hearts – Drain and roughly chop your artichoke hearts. I prefer to use plain, but you can use marinated based on your preferences or what is available.
- Spinach – I use a 10-ounce package of baby spinach that I roughly chop before adding to the dip mixture.
- Cream Cheese – You can use low-fat cream cheese or the full-fat variety based on your preferences.
- Mayonnaise, Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt – use whichever you prefer.
- Cheeses – You’ll use both Parmesan and mozzarella cheese in this dip.
- Stone House Seasoning – it adds so much flavor in a snap!
To make this Spinach Artichoke dip, I start with artichoke hearts that I drain and then roughly chop, along with softened cream cheese. My Mama’s recipe also calls for mayonnaise, but you can use sour cream or whole milk Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise, too. All taste delicious!
Then you’ll mix in the spinach. For the spinach, you can either use thawed frozen spinach or fresh chopped baby spinach. If using the frozen type, make sure it has thawed and press it through a mesh strainer to drain away the moisture. For fresh spinach, just roughly chop.
I then toss in my favorite seasoning mix of all time, my Stone House Seasoning. It adds so much flavor in a snap!
Next, you add in the cheeses.
Hold back about ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese to add to the top of the dip for baking.
Then, just stir together all of the ingredients until they are well combined.
Spread the dip into a shallow baking dish or transfer to a smaller slow cooker and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Then, pop it into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or set your slow cooker to the low setting for 2 hours or the high setting for 1 hour. Since slow cookers can vary from brand to brand, I recommend checking every 30 minutes or so to make sure that the dip has not overcooked.
Serve warm with chips, crackers, veggies, or toast.
It even tastes great right off of the spoon, too.
Here’s Mama’s Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe. I know you’ll love it!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 (14-ounce) jar artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise or sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
Oven Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Mix all ingredients together, reserving ½ cup Parmesan cheese for topping, until well combined and pour into a shallow baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with chips, crackers or toast.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Mix all ingredients together, reserving ½ cup Parmesan cheese for topping, until well combined. Transfer into a 3-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 hours or high for 1 hour, checking every 30 minutes to make sure it does not overcook. Serve warm with chips, crackers, or toast.
Prepare Spinach Artichoke Dip mixture. Cover tightly with wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. When ready to serve, bake in the oven or cook in the slow cooker as directed. Serve warm.