This delicious Steak Burrito Bowl recipe is loaded with juicy steak and other fresh, flavorful ingredients and rivals a restaurant favorite! Ready and on the table in minutes!
When you are looking for a quick, easy, and super flavorful dinner, this Steak Burrito Bowl recipe is perfect! It’s ready in minutes and perfect for weeknight meals or casual gatherings – I think you’re going to love it!
This quick, simple, and scrumptious Steak Burrito Bowls recipe is so full of fresh flavor and is a favorite meal in my house. I’ve always enjoyed them from really good Tex-Mex restaurants, but I love this fresh burrito bowl recipe even more! It’s so easy to make, and since it’s made fresh, it can be customized to include your favorite toppings too!
How to Make Steak Burrito Bowls
My Steak Burrito Bowls come with so many options so that you can customize them to what you have available for the easiest meal time possible for you and your family. It also uses items that I’ve either prepped ahead or I give options on how to make it with other ingredients so that it cuts your cooking time significantly!
Here’s how I make these delicious burrito bowls.
To make these burrito bowls, you’ll need:
- steak – flank steak – or your favorite boneless steak
- Stone House Seasoning – my family’s delicious “house seasoning” blend I developed many years ago. Our last name is Stone, hence the name for my seasoning.
- fresh cilantro – chopped
- black beans – you can use pinto beans if you wish
- brown rice cooked – you can use white rice if you prefer. My instant pot brown rice comes together in minutes, but you can also buy pre-cooked rice that only has to be heated.
- avocado slices
- pico de gallo or salsa
- optional ingredients – sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole
Prep or Make Ahead
If you want to prepare some of this recipe ahead, it’s perfect for that! To let you in on a little secret, I love to plan to have steak on the weekends and then just throw a couple of extras in the mix so that the steak is all ready to go for these burrito bowls later in the week. This is such a time saver during the week!
I also love to cook my Instant Pot Brown Rice to have on hand for easy meals throughout the week. It’s simple to pull it out of the refrigerator or freezer and reheat it to use in these burrito bowls. Of course, it doesn’t take that long to make my brown rice recipe, but planning ahead does help even more!
Some of the other ingredients can be prepped ahead, and salsa and Pico de Gallo can be made ahead of time as well to save a bit of time.
When preparing this recipe right before eating it, you’ll follow these instructions:
Season the Steak. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, squeeze lime juice over the top of the steak, and then sprinkle both sides with Stone House Seasoning and chopped fresh cilantro. Then let them rest while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Add the Rice. Scoop the brown rice into the serving bowls to begin the assembly of the burrito bowls. You can also make a steak burrito bowl bar and let everyone assemble their own with their favorite ingredients. This is a fun way to serve these bowls!
Cook and Add the Corn. Char the corn on the cob or cook corn kernels to a golden brown on a grill pan or in a skillet, turning with tongs as each side cooks. Once my corn has cooked, either scoop it onto the rice for the pre-assembled burrito bowls or place it in a bowl for the burrito bowl bar method.
Cook and Add the Steak. Cook the steak in a grill pan or skillet with butter for three minutes on each side. Then let rest for 5 minutes off of the heat. After it rests, slice it into thin strips to for placing on the burrito bowls
Add Other Toppings. Spoon black beans that have been drained onto the bowls. Add pico de gallo, sliced avocado, a squeeze of lime, fresh cilantro, and a sprinkle of salt or even more Stone House Seasoning. You can add the optional shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa, or sour cream.
Serve and enjoy. This is delicious served just as described, but I also love having tortilla chips and extra salsa and maybe some warm queso on the side to enjoy with this.
Storage and Make Ahead Instructions
To make ahead, prepare the burrito bowl base (rice, steak, beans, and corn) ingredients individually, according to the recipe instructions. Store in individual airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and assemble bowls just prior to serving, topping with fresh avocado slices and freshly chopped cilantro at that time. Salsa and Pico de Gallo can be made ahead according to their recipe instructions and added just prior to serving as well.
To freeze, place the cooled steak burrito bowl base (rice, steak, beans, and corn) in airtight freezer-safe containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the microwave and add fresh toppings as desired.
More Favorite Recipes
Here’s my Steak Burrito Bowls Recipe. I sure do hope you love it as much as I do!
Steak Burrito Bowls Recipe
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak, or your favorite cut of steak (cooked appropriately)
- 3 medium limes, halved
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning, plus more for seasoning at the end
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 ears corn on the cob, or 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 large avocados, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 2 cups pico de gallo, or salsa
- sour cream, optional
- Arrange flank steak on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Squeeze one lime over the flank steak and then sprinkle with Stone House Seasoning and then top with about 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro. Cover and allow to marinate while preparing the remaining ingredients for the burrito bowls or prepare ahead and allow to rest in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice into each bowl to begin assembly of burrito bowls or serve in one large bowl for self-assembly.
- Heat medium skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add corn to the pan and cook until the corn has mostly charred. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 cup of the cooked corn to the burrito bowls or into a bowl for self-assembly of burrito bowls.
- Add butter to the skillet or grill pan, followed by the flank steak. Cook on one side for 3 minutes, flip over to the other side and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the flank steak reaches 130º – 140º F, about 5 more minutes. Remove from grill, tent with foil and allow to rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice thinly and serve on the burrito bowls or allow for self-assembly.
- Divide the black beans, avocado, and pico de gallo among the burrito bowls. Then top each with fresh cilantro and lime juice or allow for self-assembly. If needed, add a sprinkle of salt or Stone House Seasoning and serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.