This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This rich, creamy Alfredo Sauce deliciously rivals any restaurant recipe! It’s made with basic ingredients like cream, butter and Parmesan and ready in minutes! So comforting and decadent, yet quick and easy and makes the best Alfredo sauce!
After years of practice, I’ve mastered the BEST homemade Alfredo Sauce that is perfect every single time! My recipe reminds me so much of a favorite restaurant’s Fettuccine Alfredo that I’ve loved for years. I usually serve it with my favorite house salad and croutons, so there is no reason to even leave home for one of the most comforting, delicious suppers ever. So super easy to make, this made from scratch, homemade Alfredo sauce is ready in minutes and always a favorite!
Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Over the years, I’ve tweaked my Mama’s Alfredo sauce recipe trying to get it closer to that restaurant version I craved. A little more cream, a blend of butter and olive oil, a little more this, a little less of that, and then I found the secret. Well, at least the secret to what I think is the best I’ve ever tasted.
This easy Alfredo sauce is perfect over cooked pasta and since it is ready in 20 minutes, it makes a mighty delicious and comforting classic quick-fix dish!
How to Make Homemade Alfredo Sauce
To make my homemade Alfredo sauce, you’ll need just a handful of basic, delicious ingredients.
Ingredients for Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Butter and Olive Oil – This combination gives the dish an amazing flavor!
Cream Cheese – Make sure you use whole fat cream cheese, not reduced or fat free, for a creamy, delicious sauce.
Whipping Cream – I use heavy whipping cream as it makes a thick and creamy Alfredo sauce.
Stone House Seasoning – Adds the seasoning to the sauce that gives it the perfect flavor!
Parmesan Cheese – Make sure you use real Parmesan cheese – the kind in a wedge or block – and shred it yourself. It only takes a minute and it is so worth it because Parmesan is such an important part of the dish. You definitely do not want to use the powdered “cheese” in a can because it won’t give the desired results.
Mozzarella Cheese – Use whole fat cheese and not reduced or fat free for the creamiest, best Alfredo.
Step by Step Instructions
- Add butter and olive oil to a medium sauce pan or skillet set over medium heat and let the butter melt.
- Add the cream cheese, whipping cream, and my Stone House Seasoning. If you haven’t already made the Stone House Seasoning, oh boy, you need it! 🙂 If you do not have it on hand, I’ve included a substitute in the notes of the recipe for you.
- Bring all to a simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 6 minutes.
- Stir constantly and add the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses and allow to cook until the sauce is creamy, thick and smooth, about 3 more minutes.
- Now it should be ready to remove from the heat, serve and enjoy!
What to Serve with Alfredo Sauce
Cooked pasta – We love to serve it over fettuccini, but it is delicious over penne, etc.
- Roasted Vegetables for a vegetarian Alfredo
- Baked Chicken
- Grilled Chicken
- Seared Scallops
- Garlic Shrimp
Here’s my Alfredo Sauce Recipe. I think you are going to love it!
Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Add the butter and olive oil to a medium sauce pan set over medium heat and allow the butter to melt. Add the cream cheese, whipping cream and Stone House Seasoning. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, add the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses and allow to cook until the alfredo sauce is creamy, thick and smooth, about 3 – 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve.